Saturday, July 12, 2008

Does Using Water for Gas in Cars Really Work? Is it a Scam?

To find out how well these new water car products work, I downloaded one of the most popular guides and set out to do my own experiment. I own a 2005 Hyundai Elantra that I would be outfitting with this setup for the test. Before the modification, my car got approximately 28 MPG with mostly city driving.

Upon downloading the guide, I was given two options- I could either buy the components and assemble the water for gas system on my own, or I could buy a ready made system from a recommended dealer. The complete setup from the dealer cost $65, so I opted to go that route simply for the time and hassel savings, though judging by the manual, the system would have been easy to setup on my own.

Installing the system, or HHO (hydrogen energy) generator was really pretty simple. I am not a mechanic, and am far from being the most mechanically inclined person, but I can tighten a screw or two, and thats basically all I needed to do. The system basically just mounts under the hood in the engine compartment, and connects to the battery terminals to enable it to "charge" the water to produce energy. Simple enough! It is also recommended to upgrade to spark plugs specially designed for this system, which I did, and I recommend you do as well.

With the system in place, I simply had to fill it with water and a bit of baking soda and I was ready for the test. On a side note, very little water is actually used in this system. The concept is to basically extract energy from the water, instead of necessarily "burning" the water as fuel. In fact, a couple ounces will keep this system going for weeks.

Upon starting my car and driving it a few blocks around the neighborhood, I noticed the engine ran a slight bit quieter, but quite a bit smoother. The increase in smoothness was most noticeable. Pickup seemed about the same, if not a bit better with the HHO system installed. Overall, I'd say there was a slight performance increase, although that was not necessarily the reason for this upgrade.

The reason to install the hydrogen energy system in my car was for fuel savings, but did it deliver? As I mentioned previously, my Hyundai averaged 28 MPG before the test. And after the test? The first tank I calculated 38 MPG and subsequent tanks calculated out to 40 MPG. This is over a 35% increase, making it well worth the investment. I am not entirely sure why the mileage got even better after the first tank of gas, other than possibly some sort of break-in period.

So did running my car with water for gas really work? Absolutely! Though the name of the technology is somewhat misleading, as you are not actually burning water, just using it to enhance the energy produced by the gasoline, the concept still works, and that is what is most important!

For more details on my "Water for Gas" tests, I recommend visiting the Official Use Water for Gas blog! There you will find which conversion guide I recommend, reviews, more information, and product discounts!

-MFA CORP@auto

No comments:

DISCLAIMER

Articles posted here are written by various authors as stated in the particular post and do not necessarily reflect the positions of any particular corporate overlord. The written articles do not approved by any specific organization unless it is stated in that particular post.